Sunday, 31 August 2008

2 down 2 to go......

Sitting here completely knackered, been humping furniture and boxes all weekend, and in great Brirtish weather conditions we had 26 degress on saturday, fog sunday morning and pissing down with rain as we traded today!
If you have never been to detling antiques fair, here is a quick fredsworld take on it......
Just before you reach the final years of your life, all Kent pensioners are given a sign by God to make a pilgrimage to Detling. They don their matching huskie hound fleeces, charge up their electric scooters and off they trot. They have no intention of buying anything but delight in theatrical asides such as " I had one of those but threw it away!" oh how we laughed! (n0t)
This tribe was closely followed by the NEXTS, you all know one im sure, Mr amd Mrs beige and brown, they would not understand shabby chic if it fell out of their Hello magazine and hit them on the head!
However they 2 days did provide some nice people who had good tastse, If was great to meet a fellow blogger, Lace Threads
she arrived just as it started to pour with rain, but this did not deter her, she ram raided the stall and even had to call her husband who had taken the children to the zoo to come and help carry her booty!.
A couple of enamel jugs and some other bits were bought by a prop buyer who sources for west end shows and they are to be used in the coming production of Carousel at the Savoy theatre in London.
Next we will be at Ardingly, on tuesday and wednesday, we have lots of fresh stock for all those bloggers who say they will see us there.
Going to soak in a warm bath now, with a large glass of Baileys!


10 comments:

Lace Threads said...

Ram-raided the stall! I'm going to die laughing. I am so thrilled to have met you and Happy. You are just as lovely as your blogs, and I'm just as thrilled to have helped you declutter. Your take on the fair is hilarious. I'm just going to go and stroke my goodies! Will have to post piccies soon! Big hugs to both of you. x

Lace Threads said...

Heck. I've just noticed the 'fresh stock' bit. How could you do that to me! You met my children. Can I leave them home alone on Tuesday?! What a dilemma. You may bring out those chairs I spotted in your picture...
Oh heck, I say again!

angel said...

Lol, seems you have met all the cranks and some, lol.
I am so glad lacey found you and grabed loads of your goodies, i cant wait to see her pictures..... that she says she hasn't got time to post ............ lazy lastic, bah humbug.

Hope all goes well at your next do.

Love and hugs............. ME.

dancingonabladeofgrass said...

So HERE you are (Lace and Anglepoise) - I come on here for a peaceful look and find you causing trouble! :-)

Glad Lace bought some lovely stuff!

Good wishes for your next sale.

claire said...

PMSL at the 'NEXTS' - I know the ones you mean (I'm related to some of them!!).
Sadly won't make any of your sales - Will you be doing an online sale if you have anything left???
PS Glad your back -looking forward to you posting more pics of your fabulous home :)

Daisys Little Cottage said...

O you make me laugh so hard with your descriptions of the Beige couple. I always tease my folks about being such "Basic Brown" people but beige is a far better analogy. Happy to hear a few tasteful people broke through the beige and made it worthwhile. I so wish I could have been there with a fist full of dollars...no scooter necessary.
smiles
DarLy*~

prettyshabby said...

oh Fred i wished I lived nearer and had won some wonga on the lottery..I love your stuff and would have bought loads if i could! (you have spare kidston garden chairs! ahhh I neeeeeeed one!)I know just the sort of people you mean too.. we had some NEXTs at our house viewings..The pensioners on wheels always pop up on the car booty type programs on tv too dont they (usually in a baseball cap!)
It's great to hear your blogging voice again, I'm going to pass on my "I love your blog award" to you to enjoy with your Baileys in the bath.x

Cottage45 said...

Pissing down rain! I love how you descibe things. It kills me everytime. Thanks for the laughs.

Vicki said...

Sooo glad you're back!!!! You know, you can make your own Baileys and it's DELICIOUS!!!! Vicki at Hollyhocks.typepad.com

jennyflower said...

Hey you! Just came here through Posy and am thrilled to find someone else with a sense of humour and style in KENT! Oh my God I was sure I was living in a barren wasteland where everyone reads nothing but 'Heat', eats nothing but Iceland offers and wears nothing but Cherokee. (Snob moi?)